<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.talesofcahcah.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Thrilling Tales of Cah Cah: The American Idol Syndrome

Friday, May 3, 2013

The American Idol Syndrome

Why do people insist on doing things they are bad at? I was just innocently listening to music on Youtube, and for some mysterious reason (OK, I like to read troll comments) I started browsing the comments, and there it was: "Hey, please watch my videos, I'm working really hard to be super entertaining, bla bla bla." For some other mysterious reason I decided that today was going to be the day that I was going to ignore the clenched feeling in my gut, go ahead and press on that user's channel, against all my better judgement/ESP. Scarred for life. Let me just say this: I'm not one to mind long videos on Youtube. At all. If they're funny, then by all means. This dude wasn't. I could tell by his first sentence, and yet I continued to watch for another two horrifying minutes before, finally, my survival instinct kicked in; I reacted instinctively (albeit delayed) and, in an almost out of body experience kind of way, managed to shut the window down. At first, I was just staring at my screen, quite sure that I would never regain full control of my mind and body again. Then, as the shock wore off, I started to get annoyed. Why on earth did this person decide to start making videos? He wasn't bad in a "I just started out kind of way". He just wasn't interesting, funny, or otherwise entertaining. Actually, he was the closest I've ever come to shooting myself, and yet the video I was watching about annoying things people do on Facebook (which should be an easy win for any half-talented dimwit of a comic) was about 7 minutes long. I kid you not! God forbid this person ever feels the need to make a motivational video, lest any and all activities in the world be stopped. It was *that* bad. The first example was something about profile pictures being temporary and how that was annoying because "who has permanent profile pics? I mean... what's up with that?" You know when someone opens with that, you're in for something about as enjoyable as waterboarding. Moral of the story: If  you're going to be begging people to watch your channel on Youtube by commenting on other videos, please make sure that you don't have the personality of a door.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home